2020 Toyota Tacoma MPG
Fishers drivers recognize the Tacoma as a historically substantial truck in the 1990s and early 2000s before its departure in 2004. Since its return in 2015, the Tacoma has been a dominant fixture among its competition, and for good reason. From a sleek design, incredible features, and the latest technology, the Toyota Tacoma is a standout. However, its high-efficiency powertrain is truly what makes this pickup function at the top of its class. So what is the 2020 Toyota Tacoma mpg offered by its performance engine?
What is the MPG of the 2020 Toyota Tacoma?
Between the vast array of Toyota Tacoma trim levels, you also have access to powertrains that offer a selection of power, maneuverability, and efficiency. Your two main options for the six trim levels are a capable 4-cylinder engine and roaring V6 to haul and tow just about anything you need around Carmel. See below for the full specifications of the Tacoma V6 mpg and Tacoma 4-cylinder mpg:
- Your standard base-level engine is a 2.7-Liter 4-Cylinder with Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i). It offers up a serious 159 horsepower at 5200 rpm and 180 lb.-ft. of torque for all your weekend projects. At the base level, your Toyota Tacoma mpg with this engine block as its core gets 20/23 city/highway mpg.*
- The monstrous upgrade, standard on higher trim levels like the Toyota TRD Pro, is a 3.5-Liter V6 engine with VVT-iW (Variable Valve Timing-intelligent Wide) intake and VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing with intelligence) exhaust. This generates a staggering 278 hp at 6000 rpm and a contentious 265 lb.-ft. of torque. Because of its extra performance, this engine as it functions in the Toyota TRD Pro, for instance, yields an 18/22 mpg* split. .
The Efficiency Features of the Toyota Tacoma
Although the substantial engines do a major part of the work to bring efficiency for your Greenwood jobs, there are several other factors that bring the 2020 Toyota Tacoma a formidable fuel economy:
- Variable Valve Timing: This oft-included feature adjusts the timing of the opening and closing of the valves, ensuring a well-tempered power and fuel economy for maximum performance.
- Transmission: Although a manual option is also available, it’s the six-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) that makes waves for your performance.
- Design: While the sharp design features of the Toyota Tacoma turn heads, they also provide well-tested mitigation of drag. And, thanks to its lightweight construction that brings real power, a curb weight of 3,915 pounds means you’ll be able to wield the performance of your engine for towing and payload capacity.
No matter what model and trim you choose, you’ll have a standard suite of Toyota Safety Sense features that keep you focused on the job at hand, without needless gas-guzzling from city and highway problems. This suite includes a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert, Automatic High Beams, and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
Discover Your New Toyota Tacoma at O'Brien Toyota
Naturally, the 2020 Toyota Tacoma has a lot to offer your work projects and your wallet, due to a highly competitive fuel economy and a wealth of standard features. With O'Brien Toyota, you’ll also have access to exclusive new vehicle specials to save you even more, and a dedicated finance center ready to find the perfect lease or loan for you. Contact us today to get behind the wheel of this efficient and rugged mid-size pickup!
Learn More at O'Brien Toyota
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 configurations range in price starting at $25,850 MSRP* to $35,180 MSRP*, making the new Toyota RAV4 an excellent SUV for families and new drivers. Choose one of the RAV4 configurations that have the features that you need to enhance your commute to New Palestine without going outside of your budget. What’s better…
The 2020 Toyota RAV4 towing capacity is 3,500 pounds when properly equipped, allowing you to tow a small trailer or boat around the Fishers area. The advanced Adventure trim allows for up to 3,500 pounds of towing power with a payload capacity of up to 1,090 pounds. The 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid LE has a…
Fishers drivers recognize the Tacoma as a historically substantial truck in the 1990s and early 2000s before its departure in 2004. Since its return in 2015, the Tacoma has been a dominant fixture among its competition, and for good reason. From a sleek design, incredible features, and the latest technology, the Toyota Tacoma is a…